Do you know who your business is? Yes, that’s right, I said who…. The trick to making every decision on your businesses strategic future easy to make is having a clear idea of your brand identity.
Here at Thirst Media, we find that encouraging clients to think of their brand as a person is a fail safe way of identifying what your business is and what they do. Think less brand identity and more brand personality!
- What kind of person is your business – what is their personality like? Serious? Easy going? Risk taking? Pioneering?
- How do they speak? What kind of language do they use? Are they formal, fun, eccentric? Do they swear?
- What relationships do they have with your customers? Are they a valued friend, a useful authority or something else?
- What do they wear, where do they hang out, what do they like to do? What are the other brands your business aligns itself with and has synergies with?
- Where will they be in 5 years and how will they get there? Will they be the same or will they change and grow – and if so, how?
One you have this characterisation, then making every business decision is easy. Just think about what your brand ‘person’ would do. Whether it’s opening a new venue, designing a new logo, building a new collaboration or simply the tone of voice you use in a Facebook post. Having a strong sense of your brand personality makes it easy to know whether any course of action fits in with your business strategy.
We can help with building a brand, strategic planning and taking your business forward in a planned, controlled manner.